Autumn Wreath

torsdag 4 oktober 2012

Hi there!
I´ts time for Part 2 of  AnonymeTimeglass, and this time it´s a Free Task. Make what you want.
 
 
Since I've been thinking about making a wreath to hang on the inside of the front door but not really got started, I thought that maybe I should take the opportunity now. It may be able to hang there almost up to Christmas. After I looked around on the web for ideas, I wanted to try to make a coffee filter wreath.
 
 
Since I had a bit of a hurry, I put the coffee filters after I dyed them into my convection oven so that they would dry faster. So it's a good tip.
 
 
I used Distress Ink refillers to dye the coffee filters with, but I could probably have taken a little more color because they faded a bit after they dried. To get a little more color on them I stamped them with a text stamp. After I glued all the flowers on the frame I thought it still needed more autumn color, so I sprayed it with more inks and glimmer mists.
 
 
For the red flowers I used kraft glassine and a die from X-cut. I colored it with Alcohol ink and heated in perfect pearl for a shimmery look, in the middle I added a button.
 
 
I stamped a Tim Holtz tree stamp on a die cut with a white paper behind, then i cut the tree out by hand and glued it back on place. After that I colored it with Copics and Distress ink, on top I added a layer Crackle Accents. Two leaves were also sprayed with ink and adhered together with a ribbon tied to a bow.
 
 
Well there was a lot of text today, thank you for reading this far, and for stopping by!
Have a great day!
Hugs, Birgit
 
Entered Challenges:
Crafty Creations - Colors of Fall
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Leaf -spiration
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Stamp With Fun - Autumn
Kreative Stempelfreunde - Autumn Colors

9 kommentarer:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans sa...

Absolutely stunning, the filters make a wonderful wreath. Love the aded flower too. What a wonderful way to decorate your home. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Candy C sa...

Brigit...your autumnal wreath is so original and such a lovely creation! Love the colors and all of the little detailed embellishments you've added. The tree branch and the little flower are so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Ida / Little sa...

WOW, dette var virkelig en fantastisk nydelig kreasjon!! :) Den inspirerte virkelig! :) Takk for at du deler :))

Ida

Nina sa...

Your Autumn Wreath is so beautiful. Thank you so mauch for joining our challenge at creative stamp friends.
Nina

Anne Gerd sa...

What a beautiful autumn wreath you have made:)

Jill sa...

gorgeous creation thanks for joining us for PTW 5th Birthday hugs Jill xx

Sarah sa...

a wonderful creation for Autumn - love all the layers, texture and colours.... a great take on our theme...Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! Sarah.

Anna-Karin sa...

Wow this is gorgeous!! Love all your leaves and the glassine flowers are so pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Lindsey sa...

Absolutely beautiful! The wreath on its own is gorgeous, and then the embellishments add even more. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Creations Challenges!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS