Lots Of Layers

tisdag 25 september 2012

 
***I have two posts today. If you missed my post for Tuesday Throwdown, please click Here. Thank you.***
Welcome back to my second post as guest designer this mounth for Try It On Tuesday. It´s time for a new challenge and the theme this fortnight is "Lots of layers". Here is my take on it.
If you have not done it yet, drop in on this month's sponsor Smudgetastic Digis.
 
 
 
I have used a stamp from Crafty Individuals that I stamped and heat embossed in two copies, then I cut out the car from one of them and placed over the other with adhesive mounts to get a 3-D effect.
But before I addhered the car on top I had painted the bottom image with Distress Markers.
 
 
 For the resist canvas, I used some Dylusions sprays, it got so lovely autumn colors I think.
I experimented a lot with the diecut before I was happy with it. I think I used alcohol ink, Distress ink,  Acrylic paint and I do not remember what more...:)
 
 
 The paper are from Fabscraps, and the Tim Holtz sentiment was stamped directly on embroidery linen and then stitched on to the card.
Since I had thought this card would be to a man, I have not added so much more than all the layers, I think that's enough.
 
 
Now I hope you stop over at Try It On Tuesday to check out what the other designers have made.
 Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
Hugs, Birgit
 
Entered Challenges:
Alota Rubber Stamps - Fall 3-D
Bearly Mine Challenge - Add a Sentiment
Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes
Frilly and Funkie - Fall Into Fall


5 kommentarer:

cotnob sa...

This is a gorgeous card, I love the vintage feel.
Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Designs this week.
Pauline
x

Davi sa...

I love the vintage image and all your fabulous details :)

Jess's Crafty Things sa...

gorgeous vintage card, love the inking, thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenges. hugs Jess

Raven B sa...

This is very beautiful. I love the dimension on the wheels how pretty! Thank you so much for playing along with us this month at Alota Rubber Stamps.
Hugs,
Raven

Words and Pictures sa...

Absolutely great - I love the textures, and of course the layers... just a wonderful vintage card with beautiful papers and stamping. Your flower and flourish are just fantastic!
Alison x

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS