Treasure Chest to the challenge at Pysseltagen and more

torsdag 14 april 2011

Hello, everyone!
Today I would like to show you my latest project, which has taken a while for me.
It is a treasure chest to the Pysseltagens challenge,
and I have been using BellaMios great tutorial.

As the base I have used Maja Designs "Fika" paper.

Then there is the chocolate labels from The Graphic Fairy and the webb.
All papers are distressed whith Vintage photo, Old Paper, Fryed Burlap and Walnut Stain.

I had some work with the hinges at the back because I do not have any punch or whatever.
So I searched out a picture with the hinges on the web and copied it to the computer and enlarged it to a suitable size.
Then I cut them out and painted them with Twinklings "Scarab Beetle" and "Bronze Medalion"
Then I put on Crackle accents, and rivets I made with silver-colored Pearl Maker.
I think myself that the result became really good.

The lock is a win from Lena, a few days ago and as you see, I immediately use it.

I used an old fabric to make the flower, which I tore strips off and colored with distress Ink "Spun Sugar" and "Worn lipstick", then stamped it with some small text stamps from PinkPaislee.

On one side is a stamp from Tina Wenke / Stampavie that I painted with Copics,
and for that the chocolate should be really shiny and nice, I put on a layer Glossy Accents.
Sentiment from Create with TLC.


On the other side the sentiment is from StampingScrapping "What a Swirl stamps".
I have used Stickles "Platinum, Star Dust and Brown (You Do) here and there.

I used some beads to the feet of the chest, and decorated with some lace, flowers and other things from my stash.

Oh, dear! This was the longest post ever. Hope you managed to read everything.

I enter my treasure into following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp and Show - some Distressing
Pear Tree Design - Lace
Truly Scrumptious -Vintage

Thank you for reading this far, wish you a wonderful day!
Hugs, Birgit

Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net


8 kommentarer:

Candy C sa...

Your treasure chest is darling! Love the papers you used and all of the luscious colors. Your flowers are divine! LOVE the colors and technique. This is a very fun and beautiful piece! Thanks for sharing it and playing along with Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge with us! <3 Candy

Flutterby Trina sa...

That is absolutely amazing! The hours that much have been spent on it!!! I love the rose! oh and I love the papers oh i love it all!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Pear Tree Designs with our Lace challenge! Good Luck xx

Heather sa...

Gorgeous treasure chest, such wonderful colours and so many beautiful details.

So glad you could join us at Truly Scrumptious,
hugs
Heather xx

Sarah sa...

Great vintage and shabby chic feel. The browns and oinks are just great and the hinges are just perfect. You have out a lot of love into your chest.Thanks for joining in with Simon Says Stamp and Show!
Sarah

Nancy sa...

This is absolutely beautiful!!!

Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

Susie sa...

WOW this is stunning, what an amazing project! I love the vintage feel and lacy trim. Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and good luck xx

Kirsty Vittetoe sa...

Oh wow, love your vintage project! Thanks for sharing!

Michele Roos sa...

Such a gorgeous project. Love the papers and the details. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Hugs Michele x

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS